- Mest Vanlige Problemer
- Virtuaview Launcher
- VR Maskinvare
- 3D Model Konsepter
- Model Formater
- Release Notes
- Contact Dimension10
29. November 2019
Introducing Dimension10 ScreenCast
When using the mediatablet to view PDF files, users can now "cast" the slides directly to the big screen in the VR room to e.g present their slides to other users. When doing so the slides shown at the big screen will mimic the ones shown at the casting tablet and the user will also have a next- and previous page/slide button on the touchpad or thumbstick on their right hand controller. Note that in order for every participant to see the casted slides everyone need to have them accessable on their local computer.
To make it easier to use the various features and tools in Dimension10, we decided to make some tooltips for you.
To see the tooltips, simply look down on your controllers.
What tooltips you end up seeing depends on the context. When using a tool, such as the new drawing tool, each button has a different functionality. The tooltips show you what these buttons do.
Drawing in VR
In this release we are introducing a new tool - the drawing tool!
If you need to write some notes or illustrate something during a meeting, this tool can be very useful. When you are done, you can take a picture of your notes using the camera tool.
The drawing tool can be opened either through the VR menu's "tools" menu, or from the new quick menu (see below).
This release features a new camera tool.
This tools allows you to quickly take photos of what you see in front of you. The tool is available in the VR menu's "tools" tab. To make the tool more accessible, we have added it to the new quick menu (see below).
To take a picture, simply press the trigger.
We have made some frequently used tools more accessible, through our new quick menu.
You can find the tool on your arm. You will find two buttons when you are in the VR room: "Draw in VR" and "Camera". Simply press either of these to enable the corresponding tool.
In fullscale you also have a third tool: "Bring all here". Press it to gather all other users around you.
Bimsync Integration Improvements
When joining rooms, click this button:
Log in to Bimsync:
The correct revision is downloaded automatically when joining
VR Menu improvements
Model name tooltips
When moving your finger over a model in the "Models" tab, you will now be able to see the model name through a tooltip.
Bugfixes and improvements
• Switching speaker/microphone device in Windows now works.
• Improved model import time.
• You should now be able to combine IFC and FBX files.
• Fixed a bug where scaling a large model would make it snap to a very large size when releasing the trigger.
• Fixed a crash when importing IFC files that contain very long metadata descriptions.
• Fixed an issue with imported BCF viewpoints' position.
• Optimised rendering of PLY models.
...and much more!
VirtuaView 2019.4 is now released
18. September 2019
Hide and show
This release comes with a "hide and show objects" feature that allows you to select parts of a model and hide it. Using this tool you can create some interesting visualisations, and it can be very useful when exploring your projects in VR.
How to use:
• Enable the tool from the "Tools" menu.
• Point at an object you want to hide (such as a wall).
• Press the up-button on the controller's touchpad.
• To undo, press the down-button on the controller's touchpad.
• To make all objects visible again, click the "Show all" button in the Tools menu.
New VR room
We've spent the summer refurbishing the VR room and are excited for you to see the final result. Above you can see a picture, but its only in 2D. Jump in to VR and experience it for yourself!
New features in the model importer
Automatic measurement units for IFC
When importing IFC models, you no longer have to manually select the measurement unit (scale unit) before importing. Simply use the new "auto" setting, and the model will be imported with the right scale. ￼
Support for more texture formats
You can now import models that contain textures in formats such as TIFF/TIF, BMP and GIF.
Participating in VR with several partners from different companies is now common practice for our customers. To differentiate the avatars we have now added a company logo above your head, as well as inside your virtual workspace. The party who creates the room will see their logo inside.
Cross section improvements
The cross section tool has been updated with some new improvements. To prevent the cross sectioning tool from accidentally being activated when touching the button, you now need to hold the button down for some milliseconds to activate it. This was mostly an issue on Oculus controllers.
Furthermore, cross sectioning can now be activated without touching the model first. If another user is using the cross sectioning tool, you can seamlessly take over.
Bugfixes and Improvements
• Fixed several bugs in the annotations window.
• Added better progress reporting (in the loading bar) when loading STEP/STP models.
• Optimised STEP importing by performing meshing in parallel. This makes loading up to 40% faster.
• Fixed a bug where IFC models with a large origin offset ended up looking distorted.
• Fixed a scale unit inconsistency in the IFC importer.
• When "optimize faces" is off, the normals will now be flipped in the right direction.
• Updated the embedded browser in the launcher, fixing some issues with the Bimsync integration.
VirtuaView 2019.3 is now released
14. June 2019
The new desktop mode allows you to join meetings without having access to VR equipment. This mode is also more optimised for lower-end computers, and can be used on computers that are not VR-ready.
To use it, simply disable "VR experience" in the launcher after logging in.
Use the W/A/S/D keys to move the camera around and Q/E to move up and down. Hold the right mouse button and move the mouse to rotate the camera.
You will also see a list of all participants in the room. In the participants window you can select a participant and choose to "spectate" them from their point of view or "go to" their position.
By popular request we have now created a plugin for exporting textured 3D models from Revit to VirtuaView.
The plugin can export 3D models from any project made in Revit 2018, 2019 or 2020, and also exports textures from Autodesk's material library. For larger projects you can optionally reduce the "level of detail", which will result in a smaller and more optimised model with less details.
To export a project simply open the project in Revit, enter "3D view", open the "Dimension10" tab and choose how you wish to export the project.
You can either open the model directly by pressing "Open model in Dimension10" or export a ".d10m" file that can be shared with others and imported like other models.
The plugin can be downloaded here
We have added a feature which makes the wall disappear around your head, making it possible to partly see through walls. This will make it much easier to navigate in VR and quickly see where you are in the model.
See a video demonstration of the feature here
Simplified PDF and video importing
You can now import PDF files and videos by drag-and-drop, similar to how you import models. The imported files will show up under "PDFs and videos" in the list.
Bugfixes and Improvements
• Optimised component selection when creating viewpoints.
• The media tablet spawns more intuitive and user-friendly.
• Fixed a bug that prevented interaction with the VR menu when another hand is overlapping it.
• Fixed an issue that caused the bounding box around some models to become very large.
• Fixed a case of IFC models not combining at the right locations.
• Fixed a bug making textures on large models look black.
VirtuaView 2019.2 is now released
Added avatar armwatch
Added a watch to the avatars' left hand to make it easier to keep track of time while in VR.
• Fixed an issue where only highlighted components would show in a snapshot/screenshot.
• Fixed an issue where speech-to-text sometimes wouldn't record.
• Fixed an issue where saving comments would sometimes break remote users' menus.
FBX import improvements
• Reduced import time for FBX models.
• Added support for UV-scaling.
You can now import glTF models (.gltf and .glb). This is the default format for Microsoft Paint 3D, and is becoming more common.
VirtuaView now supports: IFC, STEP, FBX, OBJ (Wavefront), glTF, DAE (Collada) and PLY (point cloud)
Bugfixes and improvements
• Optimised teleport functionality to improve performance when teleporting near complex geometry.
• The floor grid has been slightly offset to make sure it's not visible when you are standing on floor.
• Model scaling now looks more smooth
• Fixed an issue with large models shaking when scaled down
VirtuaView 2019.1 is now released
14. March 2019
New Room Setup Page
In this update, Virtuaview will be getting a big overhaul to all its 2D user interfaces, including the login screen and the new create- and join room pages. The new Room Setup page also includes some new features and changes, such as:
Get your models directly from your Bimsync projects into VR. This is done by clicking settings (in the sidebar menu) > “Connect to Bimsync” and enter your Bimsync credentials.
Drag and drop
Include models, or several directories of models, by dragging them on top of the new UI and have them instantly available.
The new model selector (e.g when creating a room) now sorts the models based on the directories they are located in. Clicking the checkbox on one of these folder will mark all of the included models as well.
The users can now select between English, Norwegian Bokmål and Norwegian Nynorsk as the language used in the Room Setup page.
PLY Point Cloud Importer
Virtuaview now support the import of PLY files (Polygon File Format), a generel purpose point cloud format that can easily be converted to or from from other point cloud formats (such as LAS and XYZ) by free converters and editors, such as CloudCompare (http://cloudcompare.org/) or Meshlab (http://www.meshlab.net/). Please note that since the point cloud structure is kept in Virtuaview (i.e the models aren't triangulated) features such as the meta data hightlighter is incompatible with point cloud models. Please note that only PLY files on a binary little-endian format is supported currently.
Teleport and Navigation Improvements
Users can now also teleport vertically - such as up stairs or ramps - and move individually when they change elevation through the full scale grab mechanic. As being at different level can potentially make it harder for the users to regroup, we’ve also added a recall button than brings every VR-participant to the one recalling.
Model Transparency Selector
There is now a tool for adjusting the transparency of all the models individually. Under the "Tools"-tab there is a "Model Transparency" category. Here you can adjust the transparency for all the models in the room, just by sliding the transparency bar or by clicking the eye icon to toggle on/off.
Improved Measurement Tools
Additional measurement tools, like point-to-point- and a dedicated perpendicular measurement, can now be accessed from the VR-menu (under Tools -> Measurements).
To allow for even bigger models and a better import performance, Virtuaview is now more efficient when handling memory.
VirtuaView 2018.6 is now released
14. December 2018
After receiving a new update, you can see a list of new features and fixes in the changelist window. This window will by default open every time you start the launcher. This can be disabled by unchecking "Show on startup".
You can now report issues using the Issue Reporter. The issue reporter can be opened from the launcher by clicking "Help" and "Report an issue" in the menu bar.
If VirtuaView crashes the issue reporter will, when possible, open automatically.
Bugfixes and improvements
• The cross section tool now works properly with combined models.
• In the annotations menu, the viewport list no longer freeze when creating new topics.
• You will now get an error message when trying to install VirtuaView on a drive that has insufficient space.
• The launcher is no longer minimized to tray when clicking the title bar's close button.
• When trying to start the launcher while another instance is running the other instance will now be brought to the foreground.
23. November 2018
This update focuses a lot of model intereaction through the menu, e.g enabling users to toggle models on and off in fullscale, significantly increasing the responsiveness during such actions and reworking the model combination scheme.
Reworked model selection and deselection
Models are added or removed instantly when selecting them in the VR-menu. Models are now "room-bound" instead of "user-bound", which makes all models shared among the users (i.e it was previously possible to have several instances of the same model with different ownership). This also makes it so models aren't removed when the user who added them leaves the room.
Improvements to model combining
• Model combining can now be turned on and off.
• Its is now possible to combine and de-combine all models directly from the menu.
• Models moves smoothly to position when combining and de-combining.
• Improved efficiency for cross section tool when interacting with combined models.
Implemented several measures to fight Z-fighting
Z-fighting (a specific type of flickering) is a common occuring issue - to a bigger or smaller extent - when there are overlapping planes in the models (e.g two walls with different colored that is placed directly on top of each other, making it so these to are "fighting" for which of them that should be rendered on top of the other). This issue was adressed by:
• Enable the user to use backface culling, available through the optimize faces option in the lobby (import setting per model). This make it so only the front face of the surfaces in the model is rendered. If the model is properly exported for this it can potentially both remedy a lot of Z-fighting issues as well as giving a big performance boost (as a lot less triangles need to be rendered). In some cases - where e.g wall surfaces are oriented in a wierd direction (e.g inwardly) this can result in e.g "invisible walls". If you should encounter this issue as a customer we recommend turning of optimize faces (on be default) for these models.
• Additionally, to address the issues not solved by the solution above we also implemented a mesh position increment that offsets meshes somewhat (a few micrometers).
Added option for improved graphics (shadows etc)
The user can now improve the graphical quality by going into the VRmenu, selecting the Settings tab and then click the Graphics Settings button. Here you can select among several different presets (low, medium, high and highest) or customize yourself.
Added an exit- and fullscreen button to the top right-hand side of the desktop window.
Added a preprocessing step from OBJ files that corrects errors related to .mtl and textures references (ArchiCAD sometimes produces errors here that now is automatically accounted for).
12. September 2018
Dimension10 have been working hard over the last months developing the Virtuaview platform. Our relentless focus on bringing the most requested product features and best possible VR experience to you are at the core of this. We are excited to announce that Virtuaview 2018.04 is now ready for download. Here are some of the highlights;
One of our most requested features. Guide mode enables a meeting leader to take control of the participants' movement within the virtual room. The meeting leader can then focus on making sure the most important content of the meeting is shown whilst the participants can concentrate on the conversation, not controls.
With cross-company collaboration (CCC), users from different companies can invite each other to virtual meetings in a fast and secure way. CCC will speed up how you collaborate on projects with partners outside of your corporate domain, simply by using a passcode to join the neutral virtual venue.
The Virtuaview launcher
Enables automatic updates, making the process of updating Virtuaview seamless. This will keep the software up to date and make sure you always have access to the latest features and version.
Coming up next
With these features released the next development sprint at Dimension10 will revolve around exciting topics such as integration with live IoT sensor data - with our parners at Disruptive Technology, integration with Bimsync - as well as a host of other features.
See the full feature summary here! We hope you enjoy our latest update, and as always, we would love to hear your thoughts. Sincerely, Dimension10
Var denne informasjonen hjelpsom?